Eva Hoff Wanderås MD
Recently updated 22.08.2014
Oslo University Hospital HF
Symptoms of anal cancer
- Bleeding from the anal opening, pain, discomfort or itching around the anal opening are common symptoms .
- In some cases, a lump or sore is felt, especially in perianal cancer. Some tumors have a central ulcer, while other tumors can spread under an intact mucous membrane.
- Stool incontinence may occur.
- Rectovaginal fistulas can occur when tumors are large and infiltrate the vagina.
- Anocutaneous fistulas and abcesses can develop around the anus.
- For large tumors with development of abscesses, induration around the abscess can make it difficult to assess the actual border of the tumor.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2016