Positron Emission Tomography (PET) is a nuclear medical examination method. PET is a well-documented, well-established and very useful tool in oncological imaging.
Oncological imaging for:
- Staging the primary diagnosis and recurrence
- Evaluating the effect of aggressive chemotherapy treatment
- Evaluating the effect of completed treatment, including differentiating scar tissue from viable residue tissue
- Suspicion of recurrence (for example, increased level of tumor marker in the blood)
- To provide concrete diagnostic information that will provide a basis for the choice of the best possible treatment.