Lars Aabakken MD
Recently updated 03.06.2014
Oslo University Hospital
- If the patient is treated with the anticoagulant warfarin, this must be discontinued 3 days before the examination when tissue sampling is an option.
- The patient must be fasting for 6 hours before the examination.
- The examination is normally performed under light sedation or local anesthesia sprayed in the throat.
- The patient lies on their left side on the examination table.
- A hollow mouth piece is put between the teeth for insertion of the scope.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2018