Radec Fric MD
Recently updated 17.02.2010
Oslo University Hospital
- Make a curved skin incision.
- Push aside the soft tissue in one layer to uncover the cranium.
- Cut out a free bone flap with a saw.
- Insert the operation microscope and open the dura.
- The tumor is identified in a discolored gyrus centrally in the field. The tumor has a diffuse border towards the normal brain tissue.
- Biopsy the tumor. Take samples for frozen section and for formalin-fixed examination.
- All visible tumor tissue should be removed with ultrasound aspirator.
- Before closure, perform careful hemostasis and rinse the operation field with physiological saline solution until the rinsing water is clear.
- Stitch the dura along the bone edge.
- The bone flap should be fixed with three titanium clamps.
- Make a midline suture for the dura.
- Close the muscle fascia, subcutis and epidermis in layers.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2018