Arild Nesbakken MD
Recently updated 25.05.2015
Oslo University Hospital
Ano- /rectoscopy is done when:
- proven blood (visible or occult) or other symptoms suggestive of cancer in the rectum.
- postoperative control after earlier bowel cancer operation.
- Uncover polyps or infiltrating cancer in the rectum.
- Consider tumors exact location of the rectum, which is important in preparing the type of operation.
- Consider the exact location of the tumor , which is important in preparing the type of operation.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2018