Stein G. Larsen MD
Recently updated 26.04.2014
Oslo University Hospital
- Placement of the stoma is marked on the skin.
- Patients in which an anastomosis is planned should have a thorough bowel emptying procedure.
- Thrombosis prophylaxis
- Antibiotic prophylaxis
- Epidural catheter is inserted for postoperative pain treatment.
- A bladder catheter is inserted.
- The patient lies horizontally on the operation table with legs supported to be lifted easily if an anastomosis is to be performed.
- The operation is carried out under general anesthesia.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2018