Stein G. Larsen MD
Recently updated 07.02.2014
Oslo University Hospital
- The patient is prepared for a permanent stoma and its location is marked on the skin.
- Bowel emptying is not necessary if anastomosis is ruled out from the start.
- Thrombosis prophylaxis
- Antibiotic prophylaxis
- Epidural catheter is installed for postoperative pain treatment.
- A bladder catheter is inserted (Foley catheter).
- The patient lies horizontal on the operation table. When the perineal phase will be performed, the patient is turned over to his/her abdomen and the hips are elevated.
- The operation is carried out under general anesthesia.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2018