Stein G. Larsen MD
Recently updated 06.04.2014
Oslo University Hospital
- The patient must be informed that the resection will not be performed if distant metastases can be verified in the abdomen during the procedure.
- Preoperative bowel emptying is not done as this does not reduce the frequency of anastomsis leakage or infection.
- Thrombosis prophylaxis
- Antibiotic prophylaxis
- Epidural catheter is inserted for postoperative pain treatment for 1-3 days.
- The patient lies in the supine position on the operating table.
- The operation is carried out under general anasthesia.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2018