Arild Nesbakken MD
Recently updated 25.05.2016
Oslo University Hospital
- bowel emptying. The routines variy between hospitals.
- intravenously antibiotic prophylaxis at the latest at the beginning of the anesthesia. It should be considered whether the patients in addtition should have oral antibiotics from the day before the surgery.
- thrombosis prophylaxis with low molecular weight heparin.
During the surgery it is inserted:
- epidural catheter for pain management.
- urinary catheter.
- naso-gastric tube which is removed by the end of the surgery.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2017