Kathleen Schmeler MD
Recently updated 14.08.2013
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Gunnar B. Kristensen MD
Oslo University Hospital
References on cervical cancer
- Schiffman HM, Bauer HM, Hoover RN, Glass AG, Cadell DM, Rush BB et al. Epidemiologic evidence showing that human papillomavirus infection causes most cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1993 Jun 16;85(12):958-964.
- Munoz N, Bosch FX, de Sanjose S, Herrero R, Castellsague X, Shah KV et al. International Agency for Research on Cancer Multicenter Cervical Cancer Study Group. Epidemiologic classification of human papillomavirus types associated with cervical cancer. N Engl J Med. 2003 Feb 6;348(6):518-527.
- Karlsen F, Kristensen GB, Holm R, Chitemere M, Hagmar B. High incidence of HPV in 146 cervical carcinomas. A study using three different pairs of consensus primers, also detecting viral genoms with putative deletions. Eur J Cancer 1995;31A:1511-1516.
- Nygard JF, Skare GB, Thoresen SO. The cervical cancer screening programme in Norway 1992-2000: changes in Pap smear coverage and incidence of cervical cancer. J Med Screen. 2002;9(2):86-91.
- Nygard JF, Nygard M, Skare GB, Thoresen SO. Screening histories og women with CIN 2/3 compared with women diagnosed with invasive cancer: a retrospective analysis of the Norwegian Coordinated Cervical Cancer screening Program. Cancer Causes Control 2005 May;16(4):463-474.
- Human papillomavirus testing for triage of women with cytologic evidence of low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions: baseline data from randomized trial. The Atypical Squamous Cells of Undermined Significance/Low-Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions Triage Study (ALTS) Group. J Natl Cancer Inst 2000;92(5):397-402.
- Follen M, Richards-Kortum R. Emerging technologies and cervical cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 2000;92(5)363-365.
- Bjørge T, Thoresen SO, Skare GB. Incidence, survival and mortality in cervical cancer in Norway 1956-1990. Eur J Cancer 1993;29A(16):2291-2297.
- Gregg Van de Putte A, Lie K, Vach W, Baekeland M, Kristensen GB. Risk grouping in stage IB squamous cervical carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol 2005;99:106-112.
- Delgado G, Bundy B, Zaino R, Sevin BU, Creasman WT, Major F. Prospective surgical-pathological study of disease-free interval in patiens with stage IB squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol 1990;38(3):352-357.
- Sedlis A, Bundy BN, Rotman MZ, Lenz SS, Mulderspach LI, Zaino RJ. A randomized trial of pelvic radiation therapy versus no further therapy in selected patients with stage IB carcinoma of the cervix after radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadectomy: A Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol 1999;73(2):177-183.
- Kristensen GB. Studies on prognostic factors in cervical cancer with special attention to early disease. The Norwegian Radium Hospital ; Norwegian Cancer Society 1999.
- Tavassoli FA, Devilee P, editors. World Health Orgianization Classification of Tumours. Pathology and Genetics of the Breast and Female Genital Organs. Lyon: IARC Press; 2003. p. 259-289.
- Alfsen GC, Kristensen GB, Skovlund E, Pettersen EO, Abeler VM. Histologic subtype has minor importance for overall survival in patients with adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix: a population-based study of prognostic factors in 505 patients with nonsquamous cell carcinomas of the cervix. Cancer. 2001 Nov 1;92(9):2471-2483.
- Soost HJ, Lange HJ, Lehmacher W, et al. The validation of cervical cytology. Sensitivity, specificity and predictive values. Acta Cytol 1991 Jan-Feb;35(1):8-14.
- HPV-testing: nye retningslinjer mars 2005. [Online]. [Sitert 19. april 2006]; tilgjengelig fra: URL: http://www.legeforeningen.no/asset/25245/2/25245_2.pdf
- Howlader N, Noone AM, Krapcho M, Miller D, Bishop K, Kosary CL, Yu M, Ruhl J, Tatalovich Z, Mariotto A, Lewis DR, Chen HS, Feuer EJ, Cronin KA (eds). SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2014, National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD
- Plante, M. Evolution in Fertility-Preserving Options for Early-Stage Cervical Cancer. Radical Trachelectomy, Simple Trachelectomy, Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2013;23: 982-989.
- Quality assurance manual, Cervical Cancer Screening Programme, Cancer Registry of Norway, Institute of Population-based Research. Oslo, Norway. May 2014
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2017