Claes Tropè MD
Recently updated 18.09.2011
Oslo University Hospital
- Open the space between the ureter and the pelvic wall.
- Hold the ureter on the medial side and dissect down on the lateral side.
- Open the paravesical space.
- Split the tissue over the external iliac artery.
- Use forceps and start on the medial side. Hold the nodes while the assisting surgeon carefully releases them.
- Spare femoral genital nerve to avoid paralysis.
- Localize the obturator nerve in the obturator fossa.
- Locate the lymph nodes above this and remove them.
- Remove the lymph nodes by the common iliac artery.
- Use clamps to secure lymphatic vessels if needed.
- Extirpate the same amount of lymph nodes from both sides.
- Put the lymph nodes in formalin for evaluation by a pathologist.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2018