Trond Warloe MD
Recently updated 10.02.2010
Oslo University Hospital
Before the examination:
- With known valve defect, endocarditis prophylaxis should be considered.
- Diabetes requiring insulin should be treated according to guidelines.
- Anticoagulation or antiphlogistic drugs should be stopped 5 days before the examination.
- The stomach should be empty.
- The patient should fast, starting 6 hours before the examination. Clear fluids are allowed up to 2 hours before the examination.
- Daily medications can be taken the same day with a sip of water.
The day of the examination:
- Premedication with local anesthetic in the pharynx.
- Possibly general anesthesia.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2018