The first follow-ups are performed after 3 months.
- Radically treated pseudomyxoma peritonei is evaluated yearly for 5 years, thereafter less frequently up to 10 years.
- Adenocarcinomas/mesothelioma is evaluated every 3 months for the first year. Thereafter after 1½, 2, 3, 4 and 5 years, or until disease progression. The first follow-up takes place at the hospital where the treatment was performed, thereafter at local hospitals.
Checks consist of:
- clinical examination of the abdomen
- rectal/vaginal exploration
- Hb, CEA, CA 19-9, CA-125, creatinine, ALP
- CT abdomen/pelvis
- CT thorax/abdomen/pelvis
- other examinations as needed
Patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei are usually followed-up at Oslo University Hospital.