Truls Ryder MD
Recently updated 23.06.2015
Oslo University Hospital
- If possible the operated area should be elevated to reduce postoperative edema and bleeding.
- The sutures are removed after 7-14 days.
- For a full-thickness graft, the compression bandage should remain untouched for about 1 week.
- For split-thickness transplants, the compression bandage is to remain untouched for one week if the recipient site is considered clean. If there is danger of infection, the compression bandage should be changed and the graft should be inspected after 2-3 days.
- VAC bandages are changed/removed after 3-5 days depending on the conditions.
- The skin graft should be protected from trauma and force for 2-3 weeks.
- Exercises and training which may lead to damage of the graft should be avoided for 3-4 weeks.
- Protect the graft and donor site from sun exposure.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2018