Trond Warloe MD
Recently updated 24.03.2011
Oslo University Hospital
- The scope is inserted in the mouth and down the esophagus.
- The tumor area is localized.
- The upper and lower part of the tumor is marked with lead balls on the skin using X-ray.
- The guide-wire is inserted down and the scope is pulled out.
- An insertion case with the self-expanding stent is inserted down over the guide-wire and placed according to the lead balls (still using X-ray).
- The stent is released and the insertion case is retrieved.
- X-ray and endoscopy are used to check that the stent is situated correctly.
The procedure usually lasts for 30 minutes.
Oslo University Hospital shall not be liable for any loss whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon any of the content on this website. Oslo University Hospital© 2018